Tuesday 18 September 2012

FIERCE Curry House

My first encounter with Briyani Rice didn't happen until 10 years ago when I moved in to Malaysia.  First bite and I was hooked...!!

The complex blend of spices dancing in my tongue making Yong Chow Fried Rice taste bland compared to even the mildest vegetarian briyani.

My favourite had always been Bengals Restaurant, a small authentic North Indian restaurant nestled in a cozy old bungalow in Ampang.  It broke my heart when I found out that the restaurant was closed down a few years ago.  The restaurant served authentic Dum Briyani where the rice was mixed together with marinated meats and covered with dough before cooked. The whole process led to a very fragrant flavourful dish that I could eat forever.

When my husband told me to try this new briyani restaurant in Bangsar, I never expected that I would find the same dish that I was so crazy about.

The Aromatic Mutton Briyani


Beside briyani, this restaurant also serves Banana Leaf Rice...!! My other favourite..!


Vegetarian Banana Leaf Rice
The Vegetarian Banana Leaf Rice sounded so healthy but I just couldn't resist adding the Dry Crab Curry to my rice:


Spicy heavenly Dry Crab Curry


It was one of the best Dry Crab Curries I've ever had in my life... The gravy was just finger licking good.  I cleaned the whole plate in minutes...!


Fried Bittergourd

Crunchy Fried Bittergourd is the perfect companion to any Banana Leaf Rice.  I usually have more than one serving of the crisp morsels.  However I had to skip the Fried Bittergourd here.  Although the seasoning was nice, the crunchiness was gone.  It was too soft for my liking.

I washed down all the heavenly spicy dishes with a glass of sweet hot Masala Tea.


Hot Massala Tea

Overall it was a very satisfying lunch.  I would definitely come back...!!




The Briyani is really FIERCE...!!!

Food : Heavenly
Service : Good, very attentive
Price : Reasonable given the quality of the food.  The whole meal cost us RM42
Cleanliness : Average.
Toilet : Can be improved (like most Malaysian eateries do)
Ambiance : A simple place just to eat, not to linger around.
Children friendly : Only if your kids can eat spicy food. 


Address:
16 Jalan Kemuja
Bangsar Utama
Kuala Lumpur
Ph : 03.2202 3456








1 comment:

  1. Lovely, thanks for sharing. I hope you continue to blog about halal places to eat. It provides a sense of assurance and encourages people to be more conscious of their consumption.

    ReplyDelete